I always loved Flapjacks but they can be quite unhealthy, so after some research i found a few healthy recipes online and I took these and made them my own:
- Whey Protein
- Flaked Almonds
- Natural Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
- Coconut Oil (melted)
- Agave Syrup or Honey
- Vanilla Extract
- Frozen Berries
How To Make Them
This will make 8 flapjacks or 4 massive ones. Put all your dry ingredients in a large bowl in the following quantities:
- 3 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein powder (at 90% protein, this will deliver about 150g protein)
- 200g Oats
- 2 Tbsp Linseeds (Flaxseeds)
- 40g Flaked Almonds
- 120g Natural Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
- Handful of frozen berries and raisins
Put your liquid ingredients into a separate bowls in the following quantities:
- 100g Melted Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Agave Syrup or Honey
- 2 drops Extract Vanilla
Now add your liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and give it a good mix.
If itâs too dry to bind together, add a max of 50ml/3 tablespoons of water to moisten it a little.
Put some baking paper on a baking tray and empty the mix onto the tray. Flatten it out on the tray and place in a preheated oven at 190c/370f/gas mark 5 for 15-20 minutes.
Out of the oven leave to cool then cut into 8 servings. Once cool keep in fridge